Paradise Missionary Baptist Church Deacon's Ministry under the able leadership of Pastor Alonzo G. Morris are serving in excellence of Spirit, and striving to meet the ever growing needs of the church and its ministries.
Our Goal is to be the most responsible, effective and respected Ministry within Paradise Missionary Baptist Church. And to take ownership in supporting our churches Mission: “We are the voice and the hand that encourages people to change their lives with hope, comfort and peace."
As a Deacon of Paradise Missionary Baptist Church we are committed to the following core values:
- Prayer and Fasting.
- Must be totally committed and loyal to Pastor Morris and the Deacon’s Ministry.
- Influencing generations by the power of our vision.
- Dedicated to any ministry assignments with at least 80% participation.
- Encouraging personal growth by developing and empowering from within.
- Capitalizing on our strength of ethnic diversity and teamwork.
- Leaving a legacy of hope and promise to future deacons.
- Operate the ministry professionally and efficiently.
- Supporting Pastor's initiaties, physically and financially.
- Be Accountable for our every word and action
- Be a role model in the way we serve in everything we do.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Support the Paradise Ministries to achieve their highest potential
- Provide the best servant leadership programs.
- Increase communication and information.
- Have a competent, responsible and people building team.
- Improve the ministry by improving ourselves.
“…be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord….” 1 Corinthians 15:58
Over 2000 years ago, the Holy Spirit spoke a word to His Holy Apostles and told them how to order, organize, and ordain the Early Church. The Word that the Holy Spirit spoke in the 3rd Chapter of the Book of Acts was the word - Deacon. For indeed one of the offices that were instituted by the Holy Spirit and revered within the Early church was the Office of the Deacon. Ordained Deacon serves in communion service, baptismal service, funerals and ordination services. May serve in sensitive areas within the church.
Deacons in Training
Deacons in training are candidates who are trained and tested to fulfill the functions of a Deacon within the church.
- Deacon's montly meeting every 1st Saturday
- Prayer meeting, Bible Study, Sunday School and Pastors Staff Meeting
For more information contact Deacon Albert Cosey, Jr at 916-363-4449